We are committed to providing high-quality legal services to all our clients. Should something go wrong, we ask that you please tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please write to us with the details. Please address your letter to our Client Care Officer, David Evans. Where David Evans is the solicitor dealing with your matter, your complaint will be referred to Philip Evans.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. You can expect to receive our letter within two days of us receiving your complaint. That letter will also set out a proposed timescale for responding to your complaint which will depend on the nature and extent of the issues involved. In most cases we aim to provide a full response within 14 days.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint.
Investigation and Assessment
3. Upon receiving any further information we may have requested of you, we will then start to investigate your complaint. If we have sufficient information in your letter of complaint we will confirm this to you. This may involve one or more of the following steps by the Client Care Officer:
4. At this stage, the Client Care Officer may provide a preliminary view on the information available with a proposal to resolve your complaint.
5. If you are not satisfied with the preliminary view, we will need you to clarify those issues you do not believe have been resolved to your satisfaction.
6. On receipt of your response indicating you are not satisfied with the preliminary responses, we will either:
We will respond as above within 3 days of receiving your reply.
7. Where a meeting has taken place, within 2 days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions we have agreed with you.
8. If a meeting has not taken place, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. This will happen within 5 working days of us completing the investigation.
9. At this stage, If you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
10. We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time, we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
If, at the end of the procedure you are still not satisfied, you may ask the Legal Ombudsman (LO) to become involved. The time limit is usually 3 months from the end of our procedure, but you can check this by visiting the LO website at www.legalombudsman.org.uk. The LO can be contacted via their website or by letter to: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ.
LGWP Law is a trading name of LGWP Limited (Company Number 10730073)
Registered in England & Wales at 22 St Andrews Crescent Cardiff CF10 3DD
LGWP Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority number 638758
A list of Directors is open to inspection at our offices. Tel: 02921 202921